- The Society for American Music Bulletin is currently seeking reviewers of digital humanities websites, streaming music and video databases, CDs, DVDs, and the like. If you would like to write a review for the Bulletin, please send an email to Media Reviews Editor Elizabeth Ozment (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, preferred contact information, and areas of interest. The Bulletin is published in the Winter (January), Spring (May), and Summer (September) by the Society for American Music. Deadlines for submission of materials are 15 December, 15 April, and 15 August. Be sure to check out the most recent Bulletin media reviews here, and contact Elizabeth Ozment (email@example.com) with questions.
- Convocatoria a becas de investigación CLACSO – OXFAM “Élites, políticas fiscales y privilegios en América Latina y el Caribe.” Consejo Latinoamericano de Ciencias Sociales – CLACSO. Fecha de cierre: 06 de marzo de 2017. More info here.
- Summer School on “Music, Multiculturalism and the Postcolonial Condition,” Helsinki 3-4 July 2017. Deadline: March 1, 2017. Description: As global migration alters societal and cultural conditions, musical practices and environments transmute. The global postcolonial condition is indeed clearly visible and audible in myriad forms of music that evince the pervasiveness of racialisation, parochialism and banal nationalism, while at the same celebrating creative hybridity, multicultural authenticities and cultural encounters. Music provides a rich source and platform for postcolonial studies not only because of its identity politics but also on the grounds of its political economy, as demonstrated by the central role of music in global cultural industries and transnational labour arrangements.To address these issues, as well as any other aspect of music and postcolonial studies, doctoral candidates working with relevant topics are hereby invited to participate in a summer school. More info here
- Ethnomusicology Summer School Courses at Charles University, Prague. Deadline: March 15, 2017. More info here.
- IX Chilean Musicology Congress: “Music in Times of Crisis.” The Chilean Musicology Society and the University of Santiago de Chile are calling for submissions to the IX Chilean Musicology Congress, to be held in July 12-15, 2017 at the main campus of said university. We invite Chilean and international scholars to present unpublished work that addresses the complex relationship between music and the concept of crisis in its various connotations. This concept generally conveys negative meanings and is simply considered “a condition of instability or danger.” But a crisis can also be regarded as “a stage in a sequence of events at which the trend of all future events, especially for better or for worse, is determined; a turning point” (RHDEL). We are therefore interested in reflecting on the role of music and its different exponents (performers, composers, students, listeners, agents, etc.) in contexts of both current and past crises. Accepted works will relate music to at least one of the following streams |Keep reading… |Continue lendo… |Continúe leyendo…|